The dark circles are a clear symptom that indicates that something is not good in your lifestyle. They can be a consequence of your diet, of the fact that you do not sleep well or report a skin problem.
The bags under the eyes, as well as the dark circles, are really unsightly and make us seem much more tired than we are in reality. They can be frustrating because they are difficult to hide and give us a sloppy appearance, as if we did not take care of our skin or face.
The reasons why they may appear are various: the dark circles that form after a night when we have not closed eyes are very different from those caused by allergies, reactions to medicines, water retention or, simply, genetic factors. Today we will show you how to hide dark circles and bags under the eyes in a natural way, without resorting to cosmetic surgery.
Some methods to say goodbye to bags under the eyes
- First of all, try to follow a balanced diet with little sodium and consume at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Sleep upside down so that the water does not accumulate in the eye area, causing the bags. To prevent them from forming, you must sleep at least 8 hours in a row.
- Put two tablespoons in the freezer and leave them there all night. In the morning, when you wake up, lie down on your back and place the two tablespoons under your eyes. Leave them there for five minutes, until they are colder. The swelling will be reduced, because the sub-zero temperature causes the blood vessels to retreat.
- Apply a cream for hemorrhoids under the eyes once a day, preferably in the morning, to reduce the bags. Its anti-inflammatory principles will reduce the swelling.
- Dip a cloth into a cup of cold green tea and place it on your eyes, allowing them to stand for 20 minutes. It is ideal, for example, when you come back from work: tea will stimulate circulation in the area and reduce swelling.
- When you get up, spray water over your eyes. Then place a slice of raw potato or cucumber on each eyelid. Let stand for 10 minutes and repeat three times a week: this method will help you improve the appearance of your dark circles.
- With the ring finger, tap the eyes from the inside to the outside, 10 times for each eye, once a day. It will help you to free up the accumulated liquid and increase circulation.
- Take two raw egg whites and spread them under the eyes, leaving them to dry. Then rinse with lukewarm water and pat. Egg vitamin B will help you improve circulation.
Effective tips against dark circles
Dark circles are a classic symptom of a not wholesome kind of life. They could be due to a diet that is poor in some nutrients, to a poor quality sleep, because you do not sleep well or suffer from insomnia or a skin problem. To avoid dark circles, consider the following recommendations:
- Get enough sleep: allow your body to recover, and so can your skin and your mind.
- Drink plenty of water: this will make your skin smoother and softer, as well as removing toxins and allowing hydration.
- Eat healthily: diet is closely related to skin problems. Because your face is always bright and without dark circles, you consume more vitamins and minerals.
- Use natural bleaches to remove pigmentation. You can take advantage of the juice of potatoes or cucumber, while the whole washers of both will give you more immediate benefits.
- Use tea bags of any kind. Prepare the infusion as you usually do, let it rest and cool. Then wet a cloth and apply it under the eyes. You can also place the cold sachet directly on the eyelids. This will reduce inflammation.
- Make a mixture of honey with a spoonful of milk powder and apply it on the area, letting it act for 15 minutes and rinsing with warm water.
Tricks to cover dark circles with make-up
While you are waiting for these natural remedies, combined with a healthier behavior, to bear fruit on your face, you can use these little tricks to hide dark circles and bags under your eyes.
A good make-up can work wonders on your skin, do not forget it. In the shops you will find many brands of products for dark circles, but remember that not all are appropriate to your skin and some will make you look as if you were wearing a mask.
Makeup usually tends to be opaque, but if you have a fair complexion, it will be particularly difficult to find a tone that suits your skin. If you are not a professional make-up, you can suffer from the so-called “panda effect”: this happens when the make-up makes you have a darker or lighter tone around the eyes, compared to the rest of the face.
To avoid this unpleasant effect and at the same time hide the unaesthetic dark circles, once your face will be clean and moisturized, apply the foundation that you use habitually by giving light taps with the fingertips of the fingers; cover the dark circles in this way, ensuring that you see less. Then let stand a few minutes and apply a little more ‘, so as to prevent the top layer dirty the base. To avoid stains, it is advisable to put foundation or a base on the whole face, avoiding only the area of the ears. In this area you can apply a lighter layer, using a brush.
In this way you will get an opaque cover like the foundation you have put under the eyes and the whole face will have the same tonality, without there being any spots. To further improve the effect, there are lighter or illuminating mineral powders, with which you can give light touches on the face to make it more harmonious.
If you notice that the dark circles are seen anyway because they have a different tone, you can compensate by using a little ‘blush on the cheeks or applying a lipstick with bright colors, such as red: in this way you will be able to draw attention to your strengths, hiding the weak ones.